THE WORLD'S BIGGEST COFFEE MORNING

I have mentioned this event, in support of Macmillan Cancer Support, in the previous post. I have successfully hosted a charity coffee morning for the past three years. It's a lovely opportunity for friends to come together for coffee, cake and chat, and a chance to raise money for a very important and worthwhile cancer charity. One year, I combined the event with a book swap which was great fun - it's amazing what sort of books people bring - and everyone went home with a good haul of new reading matter.

This year's coffee morning is on Friday 24th September and I will be hosting it as usual at my home. There will be homemade cakes and good company. This year's event has a special resonance for me as a friend, and former colleague from my publishing days, Karen Stafford, died on 19th July after a year-long battle with cancer. She was in her forties, a wonderful, vivacious person, a talented graphic designer, and a great mum. She leaves behind her partner, Keith, and her two boys, Louis and Miles. She will be much missed.

Please please support Macmillan Cancer Support and help improve the lives of people affected by cancer, both those living with cancer and also their families and carers.

You can find out more about the World's Biggest Coffee Morning at http://coffee.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx

and it will be open house at my home from 9.15 to 11.00 on Friday 24th September. You can donate online at my personal fundraising page at

http://www.justgiving.com/Fran-Wilson

Thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OTTOLENGHI'S YOGHURT SAUCE

MONDAY SUPPER: NORTH AFRICAN LAMB WITH CHILLI, GINGER & CHICKPEAS

BENEDICT BARS